If you receive one of the following errors when running the installation setup:
Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002
@Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (6002) IE 8.0.6001.18813
Many older Games were created long before newer versions of windows were made, and issues of compatibility with the new operating systems is an unfortunate part of PC gaming life. While some titles are unable to run on newer operating systems, you can get most running with a little tinkering.
Please read the suggestions below. One or more will correct this issue:
If you experience an issue installing your game and receive an error that your operating system is not supported, please try the following:
- Locate the games setup.exe file.
- Right click the file and select "Properties".
- In the new window click the “Compatibility” tab then check the box under “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and choose “Windows XP SP2”. For Windows 7/8,10, choose "Windows XP SP3".
- Under the “Privilege Level”, select “Run this program as an Administrator”.
- Apply the changes, exit out of the window and then try your installation.
Running your installation in this compatibility mode will also allow Windows to install any required DirectX 9.0c files. By default, the 9.0c files are older and thus are not installed since newer version of windows use later version of the direct X software.
Please note that additional Administration permissions may need to be set to the games launch exe file once installed.
- Please check your firewall. In particular, Norton and McAfee Firewall are confirmed to remove files because they incorrectly think there is a trojan. Please add the game application to permissions. Disabling your firewall will not work and is not recommended.
- You may need to shut off any programs that are currently running like other download clients. They will interfere with your download and may cause file corruption due to restricted bandwidth availability.
- You will need to delete your download and get a fresh download if your anti-virus already removed files. Otherwise, the problem will persist.